Metalhead Sissies
This Clique is for all sissies into metal music
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
I have formed this clique as a section in the forum where we metalheads can talk about metal with other metalheads. That's not all though if you have a favorite album cover post. Want to share some info about a band post it. Read something in a metal mag? Post about it if you want to share what you read.

I do have some rules for this clique ( rules in a metal clique? Yes, because they might be needed) Needless to say all the rules that Christie Luv has in place for all of SK apply.

For this clique the added rules are: No knocking any band anyone is into even if the band sucks to you. No knocking 80's metal, even if you believe it's dated or before your time.
No posts saying this band is gay or that style of metal is gay or that band is for posers.
One rule about making album cover posts: if your favorite album cover is from a death metal band and its gory, it can not be posted out of respect to SK members that don't want to see such artwork (I personally have nothing against such album covers as I used to be into Cannibal Corpse)

All metalheads can join this clique it doesn't matter whether you're into one style only or only into newer styles of metal or mainly into old school style metal ( like I am)

Break any rules and you'll be warned, after a few warnings and you still defy the rules you'll be reported to the Webmissy and she'll whack you with her lead filled purse.

Here's the avatar for the clique:

The avatar is the cover artwork of Awaken The Guardian from Fates Warning, one of the best heavy metal albums ever made.
Out of the fire into the night a handful of brave men appeared, Crimson thunder running through their veins a bond that will last forever - HammerFall - Unchained
Gallery Images by Femme Boy
Display More Images
Last Post
4 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Femme Boy
Some of the bands I'm into: HammerFall, Deceased, Primitive Graven Image, Sadus (their first two CDs) Enemy Soil, Heretic (their Breaking Point album rules and needs to be reissued) October 31, Hallows Eve, Wolf ( like their first album) Omen ( their Metal Blade Records albums) Gamma Ray - No World Order (excellent CD)
Sissy Gaara
I mean no offense

But I still don't know what music can be classified as metal

Femme Boy
@Sissy Gaara - This day and age it can be hard to tell whether certain bands are metal or not due to the amount different music elements they blend together. Sometimes even when you know they are metal it can be hard to place them in one category due to the blend of metal styles, the Indonesian metal band Kekal comes to mind. They at first were more on the black metal side musically but after a few albums they began to add industrial metal elements to their sound. Now they've begun to add other elements too such as a touch of jazz. Another example I can give is End of Destiny (not to be confused with Destiny's End) they blend elements of hardcore, death metal and even a Green Day type sound together. I found myself liking their sound.
In certain cases there are non metal music groups that'll add some light sounding metal guitar in a song or two for added effect.
What band is or isn't metal can even be a matter of opinion. Bands such as Slipknot and Tool count as metal but some old school metalheads such myself can't get into them. Pantera I can't get into at all but I have heard a couple of their 80s metal material on Metal Zone Internet Radio that I do like.
If you'd like to check out some of the 80s metal bands here's a link to a site that has full songs from full albums that you stream using Realplayer: http://vibrationsofdoom.com/
Just click on the Classic Albums link. Anyone else want to click on that link may do so ( after all, how can I stop you?) Come check out what we "old foegee" metalheads enjoyed during our teens lol. Although some of us missed out on a lot of those bands back then due to being here in NJ and not in California in the Bay Area where the main action was. Plus I was a kid during most of the 80s when a lot of those bands made those albums. It's great some of those albums have been reissued to CD.
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.