R Where in the World Is Miki Yamuri?!?
A Sissykiss detective is on the case to find a popular missing author
Posted on
Add A New Story
The page list
The Next Page
(Story continued...thanks to LJ and MY for moving this to the Storytime section. Also, if you appear as a "character" in this amusing tale, please take it with a grain of delicious popcorn salt...I am writing this in a spirit of fun and frivolity....if film noir can truly be fun and frivolous, that is...)

Chapter One

My gut told me not to trust the call. It had come in on my cell phone, a full 41 days after Miki Yamuri had last posted a message at the Sissykiss Story Center and Book Emporium.

41 days...I remembered that Miss Yamuri loved riddles...and especially puns. She had even been known to throw in some obscure Biblical references into her online chat sessions and stories.

41...forty days in the wilderness, plus 1?
41...forty days of temptation, plus the Evil One?
Hmmmm....

Then there were the words themselves: a Villa...Palms...a reference to WILD PALMS, the cult ABC show? And why would Lisa "suddenly" whisk her away? Was Yamuri's life in danger? Or was this standard behavior for her partner?

Most importantly, my cell phone has an unregistered number. How the hell did the alleged Miki get a hold of it?

Too many thoughts were going through my caffeine-deprived brain...

And there was another problem: according to my partner, Detective LJ, there were no less than four "Miki Yamuri" impersonators within five blocks of the Sissykiss Story Center. Perhaps impersonator is the wrong word. But how else could I interpret names like "Ami", "Pet Baby Amy" and "Aimee Michelle"?

Amanda Michelle Yamuri. The missing author's real name.
Ami. Pet Baby Amy. Aimee Michelle. Babygirl Yamuri. Persons of interest in the dark city of Sissykiss.

It was time to interview each of them...

Could any of them be responsible for Yamuri's sudden disappearance?

I had to find out.

LJ was nowhere to be found in the office. Probably had gone home to her husband and kids.

I grabbed my hat and duster and headed out...it was almost midnight. The Story Center would be open for a few more hours.

There was a storm coming. I could feel it in my bones.

(to be continued...)
The Next Page
Gallery Images by TiresiasRex
Display More Images
Last Post
47 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..
0 - 25 of 46 posts
Page 1 of 2
Go to the page:    
Submit

TiresiasRex
A month had gone by since anyone had seen her. It was a dark and stormy night when she had sent her last post...

Detective LJ and I were on it. Friends suggested that she was just away on an unannounced vacation with her lover and "mommy" Lisa. But LJ and I were beginning to suspect something far more sinister had happened...

My name is Lt. Tiresias Rex. Sissykiss Squad, Division X. I walk the dark and sordid streets of this online city. I try to make a difference. And finding this girl would bring a light to the world...my world.

Because this missing person's case was personal...

(to be continued)
SissyDesiree
I love this!

Did you check if she's with Waldo, or maybe Carmen Sandiego?
- Sissy Desiree

TiresiasRex

I love this!

Did you check if she's with Waldo, or maybe Carmen Sandiego?  

Thrilled that you caught my "hidden" references to the two great children's "where in the world...?" stories, SissyDesiree!

Oddly enough, Miki went missing on 7/17...after I was chatting with her about the death of the author of the ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN series (aka "the boy detective tales").

I will probably have to move this thread to the StoryTime section...as I am contemplating making it a sort of diapered film-noir thriller wherein the lonely detective goes searching for a missing damsel in distress. All of the "regulars" on SK could be potential suspects....if everyone likes the idea, this could be a fun exercise in "meta-fiction".

(LilJennie is doing something similar with his/her story, "The Mystery of the Missing Miki").

But for now...I am off to Rhode Island with family and friends. So, the search will have to be delayed for a week...I hope our mystery girl is all right...
Miki Yamuri
Hi loves

>>Blows tonsa kisses and waves n many many huggies n smuggies

The best thing about my life is being Lisa's Pet Babydoll

Aimee Michelle

Hi loves

>>Blows tonsa kisses and waves n many many huggies n smuggies
TiresiasRex
(Story continued...thanks to LJ and MY for moving this to the Storytime section. Also, if you appear as a "character" in this amusing tale, please take it with a grain of delicious popcorn salt...I am writing this in a spirit of fun and frivolity....if film noir can truly be fun and frivolous, that is...)

Chapter One

My gut told me not to trust the call. It had come in on my cell phone, a full 41 days after Miki Yamuri had last posted a message at the Sissykiss Story Center and Book Emporium.

41 days...I remembered that Miss Yamuri loved riddles...and especially puns. She had even been known to throw in some obscure Biblical references into her online chat sessions and stories.

41...forty days in the wilderness, plus 1?
41...forty days of temptation, plus the Evil One?
Hmmmm....

Then there were the words themselves: a Villa...Palms...a reference to WILD PALMS, the cult ABC show? And why would Lisa "suddenly" whisk her away? Was Yamuri's life in danger? Or was this standard behavior for her partner?

Most importantly, my cell phone has an unregistered number. How the hell did the alleged Miki get a hold of it?

Too many thoughts were going through my caffeine-deprived brain...

And there was another problem: according to my partner, Detective LJ, there were no less than four "Miki Yamuri" impersonators within five blocks of the Sissykiss Story Center. Perhaps impersonator is the wrong word. But how else could I interpret names like "Ami", "Pet Baby Amy" and "Aimee Michelle"?

Amanda Michelle Yamuri. The missing author's real name.
Ami. Pet Baby Amy. Aimee Michelle. Babygirl Yamuri. Persons of interest in the dark city of Sissykiss.

It was time to interview each of them...

Could any of them be responsible for Yamuri's sudden disappearance?

I had to find out.

LJ was nowhere to be found in the office. Probably had gone home to her husband and kids.

I grabbed my hat and duster and headed out...it was almost midnight. The Story Center would be open for a few more hours.

There was a storm coming. I could feel it in my bones.

(to be continued...)

LilJennie
You are very silly, and this is very fun! :)
TiresiasRex

You are very silly, and this is very fun! :)  

Thank you! I am honored to be receiving such praise from a Story Time master!

Yes, it started as a joke of sorts...and now it may become something far grander. Although I will probably only be adding one chapter per week (warning, folks: you will have to be really, really patient reading this one!)...and being a fan of LOST, I thought I could develop this storyline over 108 installments (short installments...like those above...with 4 parts to date, including Miki's "cell phone" call above).

By the way, LJ, you probably knew this already: but the original line above was "LJ had probably gone home to his wife and kids." Miki edited it, and changed your sex and your husband! You've officially been transformed from the Richard Castle persona to that of Kate Beckett (see the photo in the first post). So...blame the abrupt sex change on Miki. The girl has superpowers, too, it seems!

Three guiding phrases that inspire this story:

* "The world is a strange place; let's keep it that way." - Warren Ellis, in PLANETARY
* "Trust no one." - THE X-FILES
* "I KNOW WHO I AM!" - Harry Angel, from the film ANGEL HEART

Lil_one
Hehe dis is sillehs. oh oh oh I finks someone kidnapped me toos .... I dunno where me ish ... someone HELPS MEEEEEE!!!!

Oh noo someone is comin.... they hassa quarter in they hands  (

Lil_one
SissyDesiree
Planetary? Oh, no! You don't suppose the Four have her, do you?
- Sissy Desiree

TiresiasRex

Planetary? Oh, no! You don't suppose the Four have her, do you?  

Dear Sissy Desiree:

We HAVE to chat sometime! I am thrilled to learn that there is another Warren Ellis/PLANETARY fan out there! You didn't happen to read THE INVISIBLES, my other all-time favorite series from Grant Morrison, did you?

Re: the 4 - nope. They do not have her. Because that would mean Mr. and Mrs. Dowling came back from the dead (after issue 25 or so)...and all of Elijah Snow's endeavors were for naught. Although you have given me an idea for a future plot twist...

Ah....PLANETARY...for those of you who have no idea what SD and TR are talking about above...well, just don't worry about it. We'll be off in the Bleed, chatting up a storm...better yet, go look up PLANETARY and collect all four graphic novels. Quick! Now! The fate of the world and avoiding the imminent Mayan Apocalypse depend on you! Go, sissybabies, GO!
Miki Yamuri
Hi there,

Baby can see nuffin but white sand and sapphire blue water from where I sit.

The gentle breezes bring tantalizing odors and many wonders.

Coconut trees dance lightly in the breeze as rain falls like sparkling jewels round about.

With Love

Miki

The best thing about my life is being Lisa's Pet Babydoll

TiresiasRex
Hmmmm...another clue from the "missing Miki."

Maybe I should make this an interactive story, with input from Miki and others...almost a Choose Your Own Adventure...

To be continued...away for the Labor Day weekend with family.
TiresiasRex
Not part of the ongoing "story"...

Dear Miki: Just learned about the 7.9 level earthquake in Costa Rica today (9/5/12, c. 2 p.m. EST). And the tsunami warnings now in effect for most of the Caribbean and Gulf areas...for Goddess sake, get off of that sloop and be safe on land!

Looks like my character was right...there IS a storm coming...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast...

CynthiaAnne
Lt. TR was sitting in his office, feet up, hat rim down, stewing in gin and regret

."Now that Miki's back, and posting again, will that spell curtains for my little noir-drama? So soon? So many Chandler-esque references left unspoken. So many Hammett-like gritty milieus and plot twists left un-parodied!" he whined silently to himself, and let out a teary hiccup.

Just then, across his blurring vision strode a pair of gams that made his diaper tent up in attention; had a dame just entered? Without knocking?

Indeed, one had. A tall, cool drink of water in Chanel-Silk and Navy Wool, with come-fuk-me pumps and hips that waved hello. Large, moist brown eyes ringed with sooty lashes challenged the sotted detective as she sat down and crossed her sheer-nyloned legs, peeping up from under Betty Page style bangs.

" Hmmmph..." grunted TR, "That's quite an intro description ya got written fer yerself, dollface. Gotta moniker ta match?"

"Well, if the the name 'Cynthia Anne Swallow' fits yer idea of matchin', then yah, I reckon I do. Ya busy, shamus, or am I takin' ya's away from yer busy soakin' schedule!?"

" I might be un-busy, for a filly that had class or manners that matched her looks!" snapped the detective, taken slightly off guard by the young womans brusque manner and thick Brooklynese.

" Ya, ya, I'm coarse, I'm not alla-time so refined as summa the broads that dress up this rathole ya calls an office, right, right...it's tragic, I know. I got remorse, truly I does. I grieve about it over the long winter evenings...but since it's still September, i thought I might take a little time out to get a matter looked into. That be okay wid'tchoo?"

"Awwright, awwright, don't write a soliloquy, I was jus' sayin....gal with yer character description could go places with maybe a little diction and voice coaching. So, what can I do ya for? "

" Well, ya can "do me" for free, or at least the price of a Long Island Ice Tea...but that ain't why I'm here..."

She reached into her purse, and threw a long, slim envelope filled with small bills across the desk.

" I hear ya track down girls that ain't been seen 'round Sissy Kiss fer a while, girls and babies as might be...missin' like? Dat Right?"

" You ain't wrong" said TR, thumbing thru the cash. " Who's taken a powder this time?"

"Two o' the sweetest little diaper-doxies ya ever had the good luck ta meet, toots. Both went missing 'round about the same time, and I can't help feeling..." *sob* " Something AWFUL'S happened!"

TR's nostrils flared, only slightly put-off by the brassy skirt's sudden display of a soft side. He knew who she meant, 'cause he'd been beginning to wonder himself....

Just what HAD happened to Diaperskirt and Alice-chan?
TiresiasRex
Oh...bravo, CynthiaAnne! BRAVO!

I have been remiss in posting a new update for this week, haven't I? The ghosts of Chandler, Spillane, and Hammet would be disppointed in me.

And then you come walking into my office....full of spit and polish...and spunk?...and radiating a whole handful of trouble...

Why do I sense you have become one of my "prime persons of interest"? Yessir, you may not be bad...but you are written that way, Miss Rabbit. "Trouble" is not your middle name. But "Femme Fatale" certainly is.

A few clues for my new writing partner:

See...the "Miki Yamuri" that "appears" above it not who "she" appears to be...in fact, there could be a whole city-wide conspiracy involving the missing SK residents (Miki, Diaperskirt, Alice-Chan...and let's not forget DavinaDolly). "Miki Yamuri" may not even exist...

And when she/"Miki" does appear...I have a woman reminsicent of Mallory from the Broadway musical CITY OF ANGELS in mind (check out the song "Lost and Found"). Again, nothing but trouble looms for our detective (who is not a PI by the way...he/she's a cop...).

Long-range story twist involves that wonderful line from ANGEL HEART cited above. And maybe the climax of the original STEPFORD WIVES with a dose of THE CRYING GAME...

Oops. "I shouldn't ah said that," to quote Hagrid.

Stay tuned, dear readers. Stay tuned.

And CynthiaAnne: I could kiss you...thanks again for keeping the energy flowing...

SissyDesiree
No, I haven't read The Invisibles; I'll have to look them up.
Little Bo Peep

Hi there,

Baby can see nuffin but white sand and sapphire blue water from where I sit.

The gentle breezes bring tantalizing odors and many wonders.

Coconut trees dance lightly in the breeze as rain falls like sparkling jewels round about.

With Love

Miki

Did anybody think to check Gilligan's Island ?

Little Bo Peep
Fancy Free & Frilly
Not following the sheep

~*Cliques*~

TiresiasRex
Or the island from LOST? She's probably with that rascal Sawyer right now, knowing her...

Stay tuned kids...either CynthiaAnne or I will continue the "metafiction" tale soon...promise. There are a LOT of suspects Detectives TR and LJ have to interview, after all....
TiresiasRex
Well, folks....it looks like Miki has gone missing...again. I have not been in contact with her since last Monday, October 8th. Which can only mean one thing: she has gone into "hiding" in a desperate effort to get me to add another chapter to this story.

Harumph. Okay, okay. Stay tuned for the next installment by me....later this week. A sneak preview: our detective goes out on a late night venture to interview a "person of interest, " one Pet Baby Amy. But he is in for quite a surprise....and he should have remembered: you don't just "drop in" on a gal at the witching hour...for bad things may happen...stay tuned....

Your have been listening to the Big Bad Voice from CBS (or is that CSK?) Mystery Theater....

TiresiasRex
First of all, I NEVER intended to turn this thread into a story. Miki did that on her own as a Moderator (very self-serving of the adorable little imp). The original thread was posted over in the "Random Chat" forum until Miss Yamuri got a hold of it. And then CynthiaAnne and Lil Jennie plus SissyDesiree and Aimee Michelle joined in the fray and the whole thing got out of control....very fun, but out of my hands.

Now I'm back to report that I miss Miki. She and Lisa and Laurie left the country on December 20, 2012 to visit family in Germany. At least, that was the official story....Miki also posted something in My Sissy Space about being kidnapped by German terrorists...but I have my doubts. Heh.

So, it's been 40 days....again (see above, my post for 8/27/2012)...if anyone has heard from her, let me know.

Walking the hard, dark streets of the city of SissyKIss,

Detective Tiresias C. Rex
Baby Butch

First of all, I NEVER intended to turn this thread into a story. Miki did that on her own as a Moderator (very self-serving of the adorable little imp). The original thread was posted over in the "Random Chat" forum until Miss Yamuri got a hold of it. And then CynthiaAnne and Lil Jennie plus SissyDesiree and Aimee Michelle joined in the fray and the whole thing got out of control....very fun, but out of my hands.

Now I'm back to report that I miss Miki. She and Lisa and Laurie left the country on December 20, 2012 to visit family in Germany. At least, that was the official story....Miki also posted something in My Sissy Space about being kidnapped by German terrorists...but I have my doubts. Heh.

So, it's been 40 days....again (see above, my post for 8/27/2012)...if anyone has heard from her, let me know.

Walking the hard, dark streets of the city of SissyKIss,

Detective Tiresias C. Rex  

I saw the same thing on my sissyspace, but I don't remember the date it was. I also miss Miki, been moderating way too many stories too. I hope she is alright.

Click on Miki Yamuri in any post and you should see the last time she posted on S.K.

TiresiasRex
Cheers, BB! May I say that you are doing a fine job of StoryTime moderation as well. But surely it is not just you and Miki doing all the work?
TiresiasRex
Happy, happy, joy, joy! Got a fragment of a Yahoo message from Miki today: she's still staying with family near someplace called Zweibrooken, Germany (hope I am spelling that correctly). Internet connections are practically non-existent where she is (the nearest Wi-Fi cybercafe is about 35 miles away). And no word on when she is coming back either. But hope springs eternal....

Aimee Michelle
I think Miki just having fun playing her favorite games. Peek a boos and Hide and go seek.
0 - 25 of 46 posts
Page 1 of 2
Go to the page:    
Submit
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.