PG Hello Dollie
The story behind the mask
Posted on
Hello Dollie - The story behind the mask, Dollies Nursery,M.M.PRODUCTIONS,Melisa Moore,, Dolled Up,Technological Transformation,Pop Culture,Sissy Fashion,Identity Swap
You can click the image to see the full size
Hi.
I am a mask maker. I use silicone latex and have worked with foams and  rubber. A handful of us special effects makeup  artist  from the Hollywood film industry gathered in a restaurant in North Hollywood, Ca. We discussed the techniques of our craft and the affects we have on fashion and style. The film The MaTriX had a huge impact on the vinyl and rubber/latex  clothing's introductions to a vast audience. The film industry has always had a great influence in  fashion, clothing, and  personal image. The topic  landed on a trend that's been sweeping the Japanese and Asian market and they were of personal interest to me as I am an avid gender blender.
  The Lolita rage shows an example of extreme femininity and youth. A  few of the senior members of our impromptu gathering that also shared a delight in cross dressing complained that although they could wear the outfits, but because their youthful faces had aged  would unbalance the personae. Several of us  reminded that " hey were makeup artists and can make a water melon look like the face of a beauty queen.  I had been following the Kigurumi anime trends in Tokyo and told of the masks and heads that were being produced that overcame  any issues with age or any other thought flaws a person would have when dressed in the costumes. We then talked about masks and how the rubber masks in role play outside of film were  the grotesques and gimp styles and that we could do better. I had secretly been experimenting on masks in a more realistic style.
  I produced one of my primative masks that was made of resin and it showed a big eyed anime type female face. I was complimented that I overcame the big in proportionate head deli ma, but  the face on the mask was still not perfected as it had a cartoon look. My goal was to make a mask that was so realistic that it could be worn in public and be virtually undetectable from the viewer.
   I left the meeting with new found vigor and began my next evolution of designs for a realistic female mask. I was looking at a Barbie doll and thought " I can do that in a life-size dimensions" I went to work on my first "realistic" and I created her in latex rubber. Now we know Barbie is not exactly how a human face  appears but her iconic beauty could transpire into something that could be worn in public. I named her Dollie, She is the anti Barbie and even though she resembles her plastic counterpart, she had a huge more lifelike difference, She would feel, breath and live. You can see the studio quality photographs of Dolllie in my prior posts, she is the blonde living doll.
  I fell into making Dollie just as interesting, well versed as Barbie and recreated her in different costumes, settings and activities. We see Dollie as several  types each with corresponding outfits and hair colour styles and settings. When I appeared in public she was more of a novelty and attraction  regarded as " another pretty face in Hollywood"
  My next evolution of mask design. Dollie was a huge learning curve for me. The materials worked great if I wanted the skin to have a sheen like plastic. Knowing that I went to my next material to make the mask. I took a life cast of my own head, made a mold from, clay and plaster, poured medical grade prosthetic silicone inside and left it to dry. I carefully removed the clay sculpture of my own head from the mold which splits down the center of the  cast from side to side.Then delicately peeled the silicone relief from the mold. I trimmed the excess and flipped it face forward and seen my vision come to life. Her name is Ching. I only call her this because I now have them produced in China for the general public to purchase. I made the mask much thicker than I would for a few days of filming as we did for the studios. The  mask thickness would last for years of  wear and  usage.
  The realistic s were born. Their application goes beyond fetish fantasy and fashion. The masks have medical and prosthetic purposes also. I may have renovated an entire industry of cosmetics, skin care, hair removals and plastic surgeries by having something that a person can put on and instantly gain the features of a perfectly crafted and makup applied beauty.
  The creations and processes are constantly changing as I and other masker makers are discovering different materials and ways to make our visions come to life. Yes I wear a mask, not as a disguise but to protest the society that embodies the image not the person. Everyone puts on a mask of some sort and when they do that they  share the falsness of the person they portray. The Johari window is open  and My masks are more honest.
The photographs, videos and images I posted here show my creations and how I brought them from vision to creation to reality.. You can see the evolution of my process from my earliest videos to my newest photographs showing Dollie. She is a living doll.
Sincerely
Melisa Moore
M.M.PRODUCTIONS
Source: M.M.PRODUCTIONS
Gallery Images by dolliesissy
Display More Images
Last Post
5 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Pink Balloon
Beautiful story, I do hope I can have a mask some day.

I have to ask, is there any chance that we may see that cartoony prototype someday? I always do find them cute but I understand if it's gone or you don't want to show it.

Either way, it's always cute to see your stuff. 

dolliesissy
@ Pink Balloon
  Thank you Balloons. Here is the first Dollie right from the mold and just painted
 Dollie Sissy..... M.M.PRODUCTIONS

Pink Balloon
@ dolliesissy

Very cute, but I do understand switching to the more realistic.
Sarah Marina
Thank you for sharing all of that, Dollie (Melisa). Your masks have always been of superb quality as far back as I can possibly remember.

It's still a treat to see the real you, though, and I hope saying that doesn't clash with your ideals.

*Hugs*
Sarah

dolliesissy
Thank you Sarah. If you look back in my shared Images you will see me. Here is a picture of me.  > You are all Dolls
  <3 
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.