PG A Great Loss
Important News
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum

The Great Loss.

Of the past few weeks now, and just a little over a month, I have been having  problems not only with my internet services, but also with my computer. The HDMI port at the back is not fitted properly, therefore, my HDMI Cable is not exactly fitted in securely. This causes two problems, screen resolution to the default settings and also causes the sound to cut off and I get a message saying no HDMI Cable is connected.

Which is not so. I can’t at the moment take my computer into be fixed, as much as I would like to do so until I have the money to be able to afford it. To cut a long story short, as I turned off my computer. I removed the HDMI Cable then put it back in and switched my computer back on again, but the screen res default settings were still there. 640x640 (As best as I can remember) my actual screen size is and always should be 1366x768 (30” HD Ready TV) I no longer use a standard monitor.

Anyway, I quickly turned off my computer again and I rushed over to turn everything off at the mains. A bit sooner than I should, because you see I have an external portable hard drive plugged into my computer, to act as a backup, should anything go wrong with my computer. It’s a 500GB Portable Hard Drive. I usually wait for my computer to shut down properly, but at the time, I was not  in a really good mood, as things was bad enough with my internet not working properly and the switch over to new service provider was a few days away.

Leaving me to have to put up with the problems as they were. I no longer have my old computer to fall back on. That had port problems too, so even if I had it, it would have been of very little use to me. As I switched the mains back on and my computer came back on, I got a message saying that my Hard Drive needing a scan, I was puzzled. I clicked on the E Drive, as that was the hard drives designation. But then I got another message telling me that the portable hard drive was corrupted and as a result of that, I could not get access to anything  that was on it.

I wish to remind you all, before commenting like why I had not had everything all on my computer too. The sole purpose of my hard drive was to be the main back up, so if anything was to happen to my computer, everything that I had, would be safe on the portable hard drive. It would not have made sense to have the same exact files on my computer that were on the portable hard drive, not to mention freeing up the computer’s own hard drive of 360GB So all that it needed was just the programs to run on the C Drive and nothing else.

There would have been no space or much GB left if I had everything from my portable hard drive put onto the C Drive of my computer. Most probably, I would not be able to fit everything all on it. I’m talking about all of my images, stories, videos etc. All on the portable hard drive. I had however, just a few things on the C Drive, that were yet to be transferred to the E Drive. I can only guess that by switching off at the mains too soon, must have caused a short or something in the portable hard drive.

Whatever had caused it to become corrupted, there was no way for me to get at everything that was on it and the portable hard drive itself had cost me quite a lot of money. With not having any money to take it in to be fixed, if possible, there was only one option left open to me. To do a complete format of the E Drive. The data was already lost to me on it and I do not know much about portable hard drives or if data recovery is possible etc. I still had my computer that needs fixing, I knew I could not afford to have both the computer and the  portable hard drive fixed.

Which, in the end. Left me with making a heart, gut wrenching decision, knowing that I will truly lose everything, all of my work, etc. The only things that are on my C Drive apart from the programs that I run on it and my PC game. Are my only set of captions and something else, which you will all get to see soon here on Sissykiss. Sadly The story. The Scarlet Phantom was one of many word doc only stories, not hand written. Therefore I cannot continue that story. Or I could try to attempt to continue it.

Right now my priorities is to finish posting the captions and post a special something here for you all. I hope you all understand the situation? It’s a very sad moment for me, that said, things must go on, because life itself goes on and so must I. Just please bear with me as I go through this very difficult emotional time, carrying on is not going to be easy, but that is to be expected.

Last Post
2 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Baby Butch
This sounds disastrous to me SissyBabyPet. Sorry to hear such a think could happen. My advice is check the front of your computer for the same "port' to plug into that might not be broken. I have no idea how to fix your external hard drive or recover all your data. Sounds like you cannot finish your story if the other chapters are missing. Hang in there and best wishes from Baby Butch

SissyBabyPet
@ Baby Butch

Thank you Baby Butch for the comment, it's much appreciated. Well... it maybe possible for me to finish off the story, it would be a shame not to finish it, but I think it's safe to say, I may have new or better ideas from what I had originally done. I have no immediate ideas presently so I will leave the story up here for now and see how things go. I would have had the money needed, if I had not some bills that were in much need of being paid off, they were a much higher priority than having my computer being fixed.

Categories:
Str8 Orientation
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.