Epilator!
ow, ow, ow, ow, ow- ooohsmoothshiny ^.^
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
Hiya!

I just got an epilator! I'm so excited! ^.^

I got a really cheap one before, but it didn't really work and barely plucked any hairs. :( So I waited for the January Sales and got a decent one that some of my TG friends recommended (Braun Silk-epil Xelle). It's still charging at the moment, but I'm gonna try it soon. ^^

Anyway, enough of my rambling. General epilation thread here.  
Frilly Seamstress of pretty, lacy and often locking things. ^.^
Last Post
14 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

~*Christie Luv*~
Hi! Yes I used an epilator for some time before I switched to Nair but its a good way if you don't want to keep buying hair remover. The hair did go away for two weeks for me, it may differ with each person. The only thing was it was the most painful form of hair remover I've done. It almost felt like an electrolysis but after a while I got used to the pain and didn't let it bother me. Then I had smooth hairless legs for two weeks but after a while a couple hairs pop up before then.

Its very important to keep the skin tight while doing it because when it is loose, especially when the temperature is hot it can pinch the skin and even pull it under while it pinches and that can cause scars. If that does happen turn off the epilator as fast as you can and get the skin out as fast and carefully as you can. It happened to me a couple times but it didn't cause any scars thankfully and wasn't really painful but I luckily pulled away fast and they aren't powerful enough to keep pulling, it will stop when the skin is caught under.

To keep your legs clear you can exfoliate the skin before doing it and keep the skin excfoliated by doing it about once a day.

Also the best time to do it is after you take a shower, when the hairs are clean and have more moisture for easier removal.

I hope this helps!  
Dea
Thanks for the help! I did it for the first time, and wow. That's got to be one of the most painful experiences I've had so far in my life. ^^; I guess it being self-inflicted each time makes it a lot harder on your willpower to keep going. But repeated use (cleaning up the odd hairs that have started to turn up now) seems to be a lot less painful.

I guess it works on the same principle as plucking your eyebrows. First time is incredibly painful, but after that the pain is negligable.

~*Christie Luv*~
Yes its so painful. I was like, oh the things I'll do for beauty *giggle* What helped me is I just tried to focus my mind into thinking its a good feeling, which actually worked for me. I think positive energy will get you through anything. It was a wonderful chance to help me get more control over my feelings.

Whats funny is I saw them advertising an epilator on HSN and the only part they talked about how painful it can be was when they said it like, you may feel a "slight sensation" That was eye rolling worthy.
becomingkimberly
I've used one a few times and it is uncomfortable. But isn't that part of the pain of being feminine?

Femme Boy
whisperkit while doing a search on Expilating and Epilation to give a link to some advice in your new topic in this section I came across Philip's website. They have an Epilator with a cooling head to make epilation almost painfree: http://www.philips.com.my/themes/themesarchive/archive2005/pv_article-17259.page

Although it's from an archive that dates back to 2005 but all this is new to me and I'm sure to anyone else that's getting interested in epilating.
kersentaart

Hiya!

I just got an epilator! I'm so excited! ^.^

I got a really cheap one before, but it didn't really work and barely plucked any hairs. :( So I waited for the January Sales and got a decent one that some of my TG friends recommended (Braun Silk-epil Xelle). It's still charging at the moment, but I'm gonna try it soon. ^^

Anyway, enough of my rambling. General epilation thread here.    

I've got the corded Xelle, good epilator, is my second Silk-epil, last one was good for about 4years of fortnightly ripping.

The pain goes down with time, just make sure the hair doesn't get a chance to get too long else the tweezers won't pluck it effectively and it'll hurt a lot.

As other ppl said, shower beforehand, it allows the tweezers to grip better and also prevents them picking up oils from your skin and hair which will make the epilator less effective over time. A cool shower afterwards also helps take down redness, from about 2 days after epilation all showers should include exfoliating the epilated areas with a net sponge or similar using a very mild soap. This will help prevent ingrown hairs and itchyness due to regrowth.

Dea

whisperkit while doing a search on Expilating and Epilation to give a link to some advice in your new topic in this section I came across Philip's website. They have an Epilator with a cooling head to make epilation almost painfree: http://www.philips.com.my/themes/themesarchive/archive2005/pv_article-17259.page

Although it's from an archive that dates back to 2005 but all this is new to me and I'm sure to anyone else that's getting interested in epilating.  

I've got something similar with my epilator, I'm afraid cooling the skin doesn't work. My one comes with a gel pack that you freeze and then apply. Making the skin colder just makes it tighter, which means you have to pull with more force to get the hair out, and it resists a lot more.

thankyou for the link though! ^^
Dea

I've got the corded Xelle, good epilator, is my second Silk-epil, last one was good for about 4years of fortnightly ripping.

The pain goes down with time, just make sure the hair doesn't get a chance to get too long else the tweezers won't pluck it effectively and it'll hurt a lot.

As other ppl said, shower beforehand, it allows the tweezers to grip better and also prevents them picking up oils from your skin and hair which will make the epilator less effective over time. A cool shower afterwards also helps take down redness, from about 2 days after epilation all showers should include exfoliating the epilated areas with a net sponge or similar using a very mild soap. This will help prevent ingrown hairs and itchyness due to regrowth.  

Would you recommend showering beforehand or afterwards more?

kersentaart
Before, it's mainly so the hairs and skin are clean, it helps stop the tweezers losing grip due to lubrication from your natural skin oils. It also helps stop oils accumulating in the tweezer head. Basically the firmer grip the tweezers have and the closer to the skin they can grab the hair, the less it will hurt.

A cool shower after is just to help ease any redness, like if you're about to go out in a skirt or something else which shows legs.
Dea
I'll try that, thanks! ^.^

DSummer
I tried an epilator once... NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!
Feather Greymoon
I've been using a Braun Silk-epil Xpressive cordless for about 6 months now. It was painful at first but it is much less now. Over time plucked hairs become thinner and less firmly rooted, as opposed to shaved hairs which become thicker and harder to pull out. I've been using it for my chest, stomach, under arms and backside but not my legs. I still shave my legs because the pain on my thighs, especially inner thighs, was too much.

For me epilating doesn't last for two weeks though. I start getting noticeable hair growth in just a couple of days.

sissywendy86
omg i just decided to get one of these the other day cos i'm tired of having to shave everything all the time!!

i know it'll probably be painful but i think it'll be worth it. i've tweezed every hair on my chest a couple of times before (took like 3-4 hours) so i can stand some pain and don't mind putting a fair bit of time and effort into being correctly hairfree!!
Tamaradorkery
Ensuring customer satisfaction and privacy is of utmost importance to us at Weed Seeds Online. That is why we take great care in providing discreet and secure packaging for all orders. We understand that discretion is key when it comes to https://greenglowcannabis.com purchasing cannabis seeds, and we strive to maintain our customers' anonymity throughout the entire process.

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.