How can I get chat to work with VISTA?
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
I am trying to load chat, but I keep getting a message that says unknown program and it never loads.
Cans someone please help me? boo hoo.
Last Post
15 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

twisted_girl
I couldn't get it to work either. A moderator tried it herself, and it didn't work for her either. It must be broken at the moment.
Femme Boy
I'm wondering if it's something with Vista ( I have XP) because the chat box is working, I've been able to log in it tonight.
Out of the fire into the night a handful of brave men appeared, Crimson thunder running through their veins a bond that will last forever - HammerFall - Unchained

twisted_girl

I'm wondering if it's something with Vista ( I have XP) because the chat box is working, I've been able to log in it tonight.  

how do you get in? Every time I've tried it is says "loading", then goes to "logging in", and just hangs

Getting javascript errors:

addBookmark not defined and
overlib is not defined.
Femme Boy
I get in by clicking where it says Click Here To Start Chat, it loads and logs me in with no issue.
Out of the fire into the night a handful of brave men appeared, Crimson thunder running through their veins a bond that will last forever - HammerFall - Unchained

twisted_girl

I get in by clicking where it says Click Here To Start Chat, it loads and logs me in with no issue.  

I don't see "Click Here To Start Chat", where is that?

I tried adding this site to trusted sites, and it actually seems to have made it worse. Now it doesn't even start loading. Then I tried setting all security settings to allow anything (not recommended), again, that actually made things worse.

I've been messing with this off and on all day. It's made me cry.
Femme Boy
Ah, we might be getting somewhere now: underneath where it says Recently Updated My Sissy Space there's a bar that says in the middle of it The Sissy Kiss Chat, to the right of it are two little pink intertwined hearts, click on that, it'll make the chat box appear for you.

twisted_girl
I don't see that, can you put up a screen shot?

Well, I saw the menu item on Firefox and clicked on it, and got the same result I always get. A "Chat Room" div appears, it says "Twisted_girl Success Logging in..." and then it just sits there and doesn't do anything.
Femme Boy

twisted_girl

Maybe this will help: I know you asked for pics but I couldn't get the images to post here so I have provided direct links to the pics

When you look for the Sissy Kiss Chat portion of the forum you'll at first see this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/coolmike_1976/TheSissyKissChat.jpg

When you click on the little hearts on the right of the bar ( they have a square around them in the pic) you'll see this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/coolmike_1976/TheSissyKissChat2.jpg  

OK, the first time I tried it I got what you showed in this 2nd photo. I clicked on it - and it hung in the same fashion I've described.  
Femme Boy
*hugs* I wish I was a comp tech so I could possibly help you further. The Webmissy ( Christie Luv) might be able to help you further after she reads these posts

twisted_girl
I don't know, I trapped the error messages I got that one time, but I think they were irrelevant to the problem. I don't get it.
Sarah Candy Lee
well I will bring up again with christie lov i think im a chat admin myself and using vista and it seems to work what browser are you using?
i should probably write something really profound =)

~*Christie Luv*~
LilJennie
Vista came with my laptop so I use it. SK chat used to lock up my browser. But then I installed the latest Java, and now it works. There's my story, short and sweet! :)
Sunshine & rainbows,
LilJennie

"So sing aloud now, your favorite music
Because Heaven needs to hear it too."
-- Jennifer Funshine

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.