PG Love Won Today!
Posted on
Love Won Today!, Gay Orientation
You can click the image to see the full size
Gay marriage is now legal across the all of the United States. (✿◠‿◠) Congratulations on this win for love! It's a win for people who think the government should not tell consenting adults, who are capable of a responsible, and safe relationship, what marriage is. That should be something for each individual to be able to define for themselves. Anti-gay people will try to make a backlash to this. They will say the people in certain states voted against gay marriage equality. However the majority should not be able to oppress minorities on issues that have no effect on the majority. This is what John Adams, and James Madison called the "tranny of the majority", and it goes against the 14th amendment of the U.S. constitution which promises equal protection under the law.

If they don't want a gay marriage then they don't have to get one. It's as simple as that. If it goes against their religion, making a law based on that is forcing their religion on others, and it goes against the 1st amendment of the U.S. constitution. We have freedom of religion in the U.S., which includes freedom of non-religion. So doing that is anti-freedom of religion. Hindu, Buddhist, and Muslim marriage is against Christianity, and yet they are legal in the U.S. Gay marriage will only be legal in the same way the marriages of those other religions are legal.

This is a win for freedom! Also the live, and let live philosophy!
Gallery Images by ~*Christie Luv*~
Display More Images
Last Post
8 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

seesinpinkandwhite
Still astonishes me it took this long for its legalization.  But, congratulations to everyone who is now allowed to start a new chapter in their lives :)  And congratulations to the entire nation for no longer being stuck in the 1800's
sissydina218
wonderful finally, starting to slowly catch up to the rest of the world

babyginagirl
SOOOOOOOOOOOO PERFECT for ALL NOW. 
Baby Butch
 This is certainly good news for any same sex couple. Those who don't like it apparently don't know what equal rights for everyone means.

The constitution and all its rights mean very little if one does not have the power and money to enforce those rights.

'Lil Melissa
Was that a Freudian slip on the Adams/Madison quote? The 'tranny' of the majority? ;) It certainly has taken too long for this to come about, but it doesn't surprise me one bit. Not when the culture of fear and ignorance - and outright bigotry - holds so much sway over the nations legislators. I'm TG myself, and I'll continue to fight for the simple dignity and equality we deserve as much as anyone!
baby_sara
I have nothing more to add here, but wanted to express my support here.  I am glad and happy this is no longer an issue, or soon wont be. 

TwisT
Great post Christie. I have two gay brothers can couldn't be happier then get a chance to be married with their significant others. :D
Categories:
Gay Orientation
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.