Surprise 247
Medical issue making me happy
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
So, back about a week ago I suddenly became incontinent. I basically discovered this as I wet myself in a Target, which was embarrassing. Since then I wet whenever my body feels like it. Thankfully I had some diapers on hand, as I really wet badly at night. But the interesting upswing is that I am living 24/7 at the moment. It is nice and frustrating and my partner just chuckles over the irony.

I have a lot of the Depends for women super absorbent pullups for everyday wear and I have depends diapers for night time wear. I am having to work on making my purse a diaper bag as well and some of the details of this are rather irritating. How come no one talks about that when they want to go 24/7? The various simple changes that you have to go through?

Any way, does anyone have any advice on how to make this smoother?

"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!" Agnes, Despicable Me.
Last Post
10 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Lilbabyheather
Okay... I discovered something else new in the course of this. Apparently sleeping with my pacifier sort of helps my sleep apnea. I took a nap and I was really well rested. Has anyone else noticed this?

GirlyLana
Oh, hahaha... that would be awesome! The quick fix for apnea: suckle a pacifier while you sleep! Have you experimented any more with this?

About the practicalities of 24/7 diapers... I always wondered myself, where people stash them to have them on-hand! And how long before you don't get distracted by the diaper (rocking on a chair, reaching down to touch, etc) so you can focus on daily activity! Also, I'd be wondering about how long I'd feel comfortable around others before I had to change a wet diaper (worrying about smell or my own distraction again).

My purse is mostly a diaper bag too! But it's stuffed with classic plastic-backed baby diapers from the 80's... to be cute. Not very practical for daily use!

Have you encountered any more complications, or found ways to keep things simple?

Lilbabyheather
Well, I had to rearrange my purse in order to make it a diaper bag. It works pretty well now, and has wipes and powder in it. This happened in the last day or so, so if I wet and we were out I would have to wait until we got home to change. Not a good plan.

The pull-ups I wear are good for everyday wear but at night I need a diaper as I really wet. The only issue is that the diapers that I have are too cheap and can't hold even one good flooding. I need to buy better diapers to have on hand. Sigh...

As for any other changes... not much. My life is still going along as normal, just with enforced bathroom stops and the like. Sometimes that doesn't help as I have sat at the toilet for 5 or so minutes with nothing happening and then 2 minutes later while I am standing, foosh. Makes me crazy.

GirlyLana
Hmm... sounds like having a catheter on remote control... and some joker found the remote!  

Better diapers are more comfy and cozy anyway, so there's a bright side! Hopefully the cost isn't too much more if you buy in bulk? Or maybe just adding a "diaper doubler" (separate pads which increase thickness/absorbancy) is enough to remedy your current diapers. I'm sure we must have a thread with many suggestions for preventing leaks!

Are you wearing girly flowery pullups? Or adult ones?   (Just curious... I like the princess ones, but they're a bit tight on me! The flowery "teen" ones fit nice though.)

I hope you and your partner are still able to find fun and amusement in the situation, and it's not just turning into a nuisance!  

Lilbabyheather
The booster pads is a good idea but I am going to angle for Teddy Bambinos if at all possible, since they are really absorbent and cute. I am sure I can justify the purchase.

As for pullups, I am wearing the Depends pullups, so not very cute at all. I am a bit too heavy for baby diapers or regular pullups. I wish I had princesses on mine but they are just plain and boring.

We are working on the fun and amusement part. She just thinks the irony about this is really funny and I have to agree. It came out of nowhere and is out of my control. Go figure. I have also gotten her to put me in my diapers at night, as she does a far better job than I can. I like that.

Lilbabyheather
So this has been going on for about 2 weeks now and I am wondering if it is ever going to stop. Sheesh... There are a lot of changes you have to make to your life in order to be living 24/7. The Depends for Women Maximum Protection feel pretty good and do a good job keeping me dry. I have my purse/ diaper bag and I am trying to use the bathroom when and as I can to make these last longer.

Since it is daily wear, I haven't worn any of my panties in two weeks, which is kind of sad as I have some cute panties. Maybe I need to get some cute diaper covers?

GirlyLana

Since it is daily wear, I haven't worn any of my panties in two weeks, which is kind of sad as I have some cute panties. Maybe I need to get some cute diaper covers?  

Aww, that is sad! *pout*

Do you pee a lot at once, suddenly, or more of a trickle? If there's little danger of a sudden flood, you could try the smaller pads... then wear them in panties! Also, you could have your diapers last longer if you used one of those pads in them... only replacing the pad when you have the chance (fewer toilet stops!).

Cute diaper covers sounds fun too though!  
Lilbabyheather

Aww, that is sad! *pout*

Do you pee a lot at once, suddenly, or more of a trickle? If there's little danger of a sudden flood, you could try the smaller pads... then wear them in panties! Also, you could have your diapers last longer if you used one of those pads in them... only replacing the pad when you have the chance (fewer toilet stops!).

Cute diaper covers sounds fun too though!    

I actually do both. Sometimes it is a trickle that I can't even feel and sometimes its a veritable flood. Leaking and dripping on the kitchen floor is embarrassing. I will look into the pads, as that might help.

As for cute diaper covers... I will ask.

Lilbabyheather
Well... the problem is over. Whatever was going on stopped and that is nice. The 24/7 was not bad but a bit disruptive to my schedule. It is an interesting idea but one that I am not sure is for me for a day to day thing. The upswing of this is that I have over a hundred diapers that I got from my Docs, so I won't need to buy any for a while. So, that worked out.

If anyone has any questions or anything I will answer them.

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.