Sewing
Making your own sissy clothes!
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
Hi, is anyone else into making their own sissy outfits?
I recently acquired an electric sewing machine and have been busy getting the hang of using it. This sissy dress is my first effort. I didn't actually make the dress from scratch but altered an existing one. The dress was a bit on the small side for me so the first thing I did was to cut the back out, so now it is very snug on me but I can at least get it off again without a huge struggle!
I bought a few yards of lace on eBay for a couple of pounds and this evening was the first opportunity I have had to have a go. Previously I had tried the machine out on a few scraps of material to try out stitch sizes etc Now to try it for real! (I only made a couple of mistakes which were easily unpicked), first off I did the hem which seemed the easiest to try - and so it was, so emboldened I did the sleeves too - the lace was a bit stretchy and it was a bit of a knack to stretch the lace slightly while stitching it to the hems on the dress but I'm pleased with the results. I also took a pair of white kneesocks and stitched some lace around the tops - easy peasy!
I have wanted some socks with lace on for ages but was always put off by the prices people wanted for them on ebay - well now i can have as many as I want. I have ordered a book on how to make your own skirts from Amazon and think I have really got the sewing bug now and I will make my own lacy frilly sissy dress eventually, when I figure out all the techniques and get a pattern.
anyone else into this?
hugs
Deedee

Last Post
8 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Andreea
Not yet, but I would love to get into it. Let me know how it goes for you, and if that book is any good. This would save me a lot of shopper's anxiety and increase my woeful employment skill-base at the same time.
"When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else or a community or a pressure group, you surrender your own integrity. You become, to the extent of your surrender, less of a human being." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Angie
Are you taking orders yet Deedee ha ha. My wife is the one who sews in our house. So far she has made me a wedding dress & a maids dress. She is a treasure.

deedeesissy

Not yet, but I would love to get into it. Let me know how it goes for you, and if that book is any good. This would save me a lot of shopper's anxiety and increase my woeful employment skill-base at the same time.  

Hi Andreea, yes the book is good, but is still a bit technical and will need a bit more study before I start cutting material out. Its lucky my mum was a dressmaker and I used to watch her as a boy, and indeed tried my hand at knitting and sewing when at primary school, so I already knew some of the technical terms. So far I have done alterations and stitching lace onto everything. Below is a link to a picture on Flickr of me wearing a dress I altered. I have just been practising my stitching and finding out what the machine can do - I am enjoying it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deedeesissy/2661723251/
deedeesissy

Are you taking orders yet Deedee ha ha. My wife is the one who sews in our house. So far she has made me a wedding dress & a maids dress. She is a treasure.  

Well, I haven't got that confident just yet, Angie, but I am seriously considering selling some frilly socks on eBay - they are simple enough to do and don't take too long and seem to be selling ok on there!

little_boy_pink
It's something I've certainly considered learning, if and when I finally do I'll know who to come to for advice!
Little boy blue come blow your horn.
The sheep's in the meadow the cow's in the corn!
And where is the boy who looks after the sheep?
SHE's under a haystack diapered neat!
Warm in thick diapers being rocked fast asleep!
-By Funshine Bear.
DeuxExLolitaDollie
I tried once. The result...well, its like the First Rule of Fight Club.

ATM I can stick my hacky sack together and call it good.

Aeris_Jen
I would love to learn how to sew, I would love to make very frilly and babyish locking outfits with diapers.
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.