Scientists discover transsexual gene that makes men feel like women
The TransGender Gene has been found!!
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name 0; mso-tstyle-colband-size yes; mso-style-parent 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin .0001pt; mso-pagination 10.0pt; font-family #0400; mso-fareast-language #0400;} Scientists discover transsexual gene that makes men feel like women

By Daily Mail Reporter - 10:30 AM on 27th October 2008

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1080889/Scientists-discover-transsexual-gene-makes-men-feel-like-women.html

Transsexual men who 'feel' female are likely to have an unusual version of a gene that affects the male sex hormone testosterone, a study has shown.

The discovery was made by scientists who examined DNA from 112 male-to-female transsexuals.
Israeli singer Dana International: Recent research shows that transsexuals like Dana are likely to have an unusual version of a gene that affects the hormone testosterone

Israeli singer Dana International: Recent research shows that transsexuals like Dana are likely to have an unusual version of a gene that affects the hormone testosterone

In many cases there was a longer version of a gene known to modify the action of testosterone.

The alteration may 'under-masculinise' the brain during its development in the womb, the researchers believe.

Study leader Dr Vincent Harley, from Prince Henry's Institute in Clayton, Australia, said:'There is a social stigma that transsexualism is simply a lifestyle choice; however, our findings support a biological basis of how gender identity develops.

'As with all genetic association studies it will be important to replicate these findings in other populations.'

The findings are published in the journal Biological Psychiatry.

Professor Andrew Sinclair, from the University of Melbourne, said: 'This research suggests that extra long copies of the Androgen Receptor gene potentially affect testosterone function in the brains of male-to-female transsexuals.

'These defective copies of the AR gene could severely reduce normal testosterone levels, resulting in a more female-like brain. Consequently, male-to-female transsexuals might be expected to have a more feminized brain and are therefore likely to display a female gender identity.

'This supports the notion that transsexualism has a biological (genetic) basis rather than being due to psychosocial factors in early childhood.

'However, this finding does not explain all male-to-female transsexuals suggesting that multiple genetic factors are involved.'

0 1  2  3 4

The best thing about my life is being Lisa's Pet Babydoll

Last Post
4 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

LilJennie
This is very interesting and makes me wonder whether I have that gene or not. I'm not sure how I would ever find out.

But then I don't need some gene to tell me how I am supposed to be. I'm just myself.

Thank you for posting this, Miki!
Sunshine & rainbows,
LilJennie

"So sing aloud now, your favorite music
Because Heaven needs to hear it too."
-- Jennifer Funshine
prissyprincess
  not sure about me , I got started when I was a wittle baby when my mother would dress me in dresses , Yup !! sure did and ever since I,ve been running around actting and playing dress up .    THX for the Info sweetie   
May the Fun never END . giggles , Summer,s Hot How About You ,

Andreea
An interesting discovery indeed, and one only hopes they apply it the right way (in helping people realise their true selves, rather than trying to develop genetic "cures"). However, I am confident that my own sissiness is a lifestyle choice, and I am quite happy and unashamed of that fact.  

Thank you for the research, and posting on this interesting topic.   I look forward to seeing what else may come of this.
"When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else or a community or a pressure group, you surrender your own integrity. You become, to the extent of your surrender, less of a human being." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.