PG A question about coming out to a friend
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
Hiya all,

I've been reaching a point in my life where I find it too hard to keep myself under wraps as it were, where I need to let myself out to the outside world, at least a little bit. I've been considering for several weeks now rekindling friendship with a girl who was once my closest (and remains dearest in my heart) but have not communicated with in over a year, and not actually met or spoken to (other than by text) in considerably longer. Of everyone I know or have known I think I'd like her to be the first to know, and moreover I'd like to be her friend, and in proper touch again, because she seems to remain a wonderful person and she was one of the very few who really made me feel worthwhile (I have always had small circles of friends). So I'd love to get in touch with the purpose of telling her, but then every time I think about actually taking the steps to do so I back away, feeling guilty because she has a much better, happier life than when we were great friends and I would most likely be burdening her with the knowledge. We became estranged on account of my general problems (undiagnosed at the time but now known) and related self pity and I don't want to go down the same route again, but at the same time I almost feel like I owe it to her to show her the real me, the crossdressing, submissive, needy me. Its quite a conundrum, and so I'd love to hear from anyone who has gone through the same or has advice about the situation.
Hugs and kisses!
Last Post
6 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

little_boy_pink
It sounds to me like a no-loss situation. Either she responds positively as you would hope or she does not, which isn't so different from where you are now. If you are of a mind to come out to the world I should imagine that this is as good an opportunity as any.
Little boy blue come blow your horn.
The sheep's in the meadow the cow's in the corn!
And where is the boy who looks after the sheep?
SHE's under a haystack diapered neat!
Warm in thick diapers being rocked fast asleep!
-By Funshine Bear.
SissyNameless
That seems like sound advice, thanks. I'm not yet really ready to come out to the world but I'd like to find at least one friend in real life who knows about me, who maybe can understand and be someone to talk to. And as you say I can hardly lose more. Thanks!
Hugs and kisses!

wittle_bwittany

That seems like sound advice, thanks. I'm not yet really ready to come out to the world but I'd like to find at least one friend in real life who knows about me, who maybe can understand and be someone to talk to. And as you say I can hardly lose more. Thanks!  

i've been there sweetie. you should get in touch with her, but dont tell her right away, get to be her friend again, wait a couple weeks, and then tell her.

you dont want to be all "hey, we should be friends again, and guess what? im a crossdresser." that would kind of shock her.

actually, a couple weeks might be over doing it. maybe a week and a half tops.

but as far as burdening her with the information, i doubt any such thing will happen. she'll likely be surprised to learn of it, but she'll be happy you told her first. it'll make her feel special.
i am brittany her royal puffiness!!!

im officially in love with the color pink.

*hugs and kisses for all*
Lady_Mechanika

Hiya all,

I've been reaching a point in my life where I find it too hard to keep myself under wraps as it were, where I need to let myself out to the outside world, at least a little bit. I've been considering for several weeks now rekindling friendship with a girl who was once my closest (and remains dearest in my heart) but have not communicated with in over a year, and not actually met or spoken to (other than by text) in considerably longer. Of everyone I know or have known I think I'd like her to be the first to know, and moreover I'd like to be her friend, and in proper touch again, because she seems to remain a wonderful person and she was one of the very few who really made me feel worthwhile (I have always had small circles of friends). So I'd love to get in touch with the purpose of telling her, but then every time I think about actually taking the steps to do so I back away, feeling guilty because she has a much better, happier life than when we were great friends and I would most likely be burdening her with the knowledge. We became estranged on account of my general problems (undiagnosed at the time but now known) and related self pity and I don't want to go down the same route again, but at the same time I almost feel like I owe it to her to show her the real me, the crossdressing, submissive, needy me. Its quite a conundrum, and so I'd love to hear from anyone who has gone through the same or has advice about the situation.  

Somehow I think it will be OK. If she really cares for you then she will be supportive, what I don't know is exactly how you"separated" or the nature of it (depression on your part?).

I do know that it helps to have someone who knows about your real nature. In my case I did come out (at 18 to my grandmother (who raised me as a mother). Everything went well, and she respected my wish to keep it between us, so it was very re-assuring. Later on I did get clinically depressed - for other reasons - and I had the opportunity to talk about it with professionals. Again, in the end it all turned out well.

Oddly I have to "come out again." For financial reasons I may be moving to my biological mothers home (she didn't raise me but she always loved me, and many years later shes my only comfort in tough times), so I definitely have to tell her - so I'm really nervous about it (I thought "coming out" was well behind me. My grandparents knew; My therapists knew. So I see no reason to keep it from my mother, I just didn't tell "the whole family" you know?

Realisticallly I shouldn't worry, but I fear she'll freak out on me... (she's not conservative at all, but very obsessive - she'll probably "blame herself" which I want to avoid -she already deals with having left me as a baby-she was very young when I was born). Oh dear! I'm probably going to have to write a post on this issue myself very soon : (

But I digress, that is NOT a complication you have to worry about with your friend!! If she's your friend she'll support you.

Love,

Lady M.

barefoot83
Although I'm very new to this site, joined a couple of days ago I read this and wanted to say good luck :) I haven't had any experience with coming out to anyone, but I have been in the situation of loosing friendship with someone who meant the world to be. After about 3 years I built up the courage to get in contact with her and say hi, apologise for our friendship falling apart and it was one of the best choices I made.

So I hope you can re-kindle the friendship you had with this person :)
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.