Need advice on school socks and slips.
School girl socks
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
I want to dress up as a schoolgirl of about 10 years old. Should I still be wearing lace top white socks and if so where can you buy them in larger sizes. I never had any sisters and was wondering if a 10 year old would wear a little half slip under a princess pleated school dress. Advice welcome.

Suzi Lacy.
Last Post
6 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

deb_in_training
These may be a bit extreme, but check out "Sissy Dresses" on http://www.birchplaceshop.com

I've never bought anything from them, so I can't vouch for their service or quality.
OopsiePanty
Depending on how large your feet are, you might be able to get away with wearing size large girls tights as socks. They are sooo much easier to find with the nice lace on them than anything else in my experience. I don't know why they don't just make women's socks with that cute lace on it, I am sure lots of women would buy them.

Wearing slips under a skirt, expeically for younger girls seems to be something of the past as many dresses contain a slip like layer in them. In the past it would have been very common though for a girl to have slips under her dress or skirts. A lot of girls wear skirts without a slip at all, so you can wear the slip, but you would probably be consiered old fashion. Personally I like the layered slip look, but it is a lot more laundry to wash. Actually if you live in the USA, you will find that as you went west in this country, women wore less and less under-things since the more you wore, ment the more you had to wash, in a world where you labor was already in very high demand. Back east where live was more "civilized" you would be likely to find women wearing more underthings. So you could also consider yourself to be regional instead of time based lol.

If you strictly mean modern USA though, I would say no slip would be more or less the rule, but if you are dressing up (in the sense like going to church, not dressing older than your age) then the slip might be very appropriate.

Lastly there is also personal preference, some people like more layers of clothing or less for whatever reason.
A young girl's greatest fear isn't monsters, or magical threats from beyond time and space.
No, a young girl's greatest fear overshadows all of those things.

Her greatest fear is to be alone.

(Still your little Guardian Shadow, now just with wings!)

Thankyou Deb I checked out Birchplace, they don't apear to sell lace top socks, but Oh! they do have some really pretty Sissy cloths that I really liked and put on my shopping list for when my little pink purse is a bit bigger.

Oppsiepanty I live in Australia, but it's pretty much like the USA at least in the cities. I think your probably right, school girls probably don't wear slips anymore though I don't know for sure. I want to experiece being a girl at that awrkward age just before puberty as realistically as possible. I do know girls wear lace top socks in primary school, but am not sure at what age they start wearing pantyhose. I know in winter which is fairly short and generally mild in Australia girls do wear coloured tights.

Its difficult to know how to dress for a paticular age when you haven't had a Sister to learn from. You see other girls but their ages are sometimes difficult to judge and fashion changes so often.

If anyone can sugest what I should be wearing as a schoolgirl of 10 years old I would appreciate your suggestions.

Suzilacy  
OopsiePanty
Some people might have different ideas, this are simply mine.

Wear clothing similar to a young teen, but when you wear a top that would be slightly or more than slightly revealing, wear a white cotton cami with a 2-3cm lace top as an underthing. You can also wear a thin, single color, usually white, shirt under revealing tops.

Wear shorts, tee-shirts, skorts if you can get them in your size, otherwise get inventive and modify some clothing, overalls, overalls with a skort type bottom, try to wear wader type jeans and long sleeve tops with only 3/4th or 1/3rd sleeves.

Wear short shorts or swimsuit material like shorts under your dresses and skirts if you will be playing. It can look cute if the dress is a little too short, and the shorts show, if they are jean or cotton. Other materials might make it look sluttly, otherwise it makes it look like it is a dress you are just growing out of.

We don't have any school uniforms here, but whatever that is there would be appropriate if you have them.

Try to have holiday outfits, at this age they are kinda growing out of them, but omg are they cute. There's sure to be some holiday when you are alone and will just want to regress a little.

Wear mostly pastel colors, but harder colors are ok as well, just try to avoid darker colors unless you are going for a goth look. Especially avoid drab "male" colors.

Try to avoid makeup, but you can use a LITTLE eye makeup or false eyelashes. If you have large eyebrows trim them a little, but not as much as a teen would.

Feel free to use hair pretties. Get a cute backpack. Your purse should have some cartoon character on it or some young teen pop idol like person on it.
A young girl's greatest fear isn't monsters, or magical threats from beyond time and space.
No, a young girl's greatest fear overshadows all of those things.

Her greatest fear is to be alone.

(Still your little Guardian Shadow, now just with wings!)

Princess_Tiffany
If you are looking for authentic school girl outfits Lands End is a great place to shop. That store should give you an idea of the type of socks that go with different school girl outfits. I've ordered from the store and the quality is great and the store has womens sizes. The outfits are not as sissy or frilly as you find on Birchplace but for authenticity you can't beat the store. Besides, it's fun to dress up and know that the exact outfit you are wearing is the same being worn by real school girls as they go to school.
Tiffany
These are a few of my favorite things!

CLIQUES

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.