PG Learning to sew
I'd like to learn to sew/make clothes. Anyone know where to start?
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
I'd love to learn to make my own dresses and skirts and junk. I know that it takes time and effort to get to the point to be able to make great ones on your own, the problem I have is I don't know where to begin to learn. Most places I go to that are based around fabrics and sewing just seem to assume you know and I can't find any literature or anything about where to start learning to make clothes.

So, does anyone on SK know?
Cliques:

Come visit my tumblr for pics of me in diapers: [Adventures In Diapers]
Follow me and ask me things on it, please! :3
Last Post
4 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Renee_tutu
I've done some research into this and you're right:  Sewing is something any sissy can benefit from, for the pretty sissy things sewn to the discipline useful for all good sissies.  :)

Step one:  To get an idea, just google free sewing patters (dresses, panties, even diapers) and be specific for what you'd like to sew eventually and what you think might be easy to start with.  Google free learn to sew. 

Then go to Walmart or whatever .com and look at sewing machines, like from $80 to zillions.  You can probably learn on low end.  You'll see there's a plateau in prices.

Now you know what you need, to make a decision.  Good luck!
sissywanabe2
Sewing is a snap and then not so much.
If you had a home economics class in school that is a start.
If they had sewing machines that is a plus.
If not this then back to square one.
Cheap sewing machines will get you started.
Go to a book store or Amazon and view sewing subjects to determine what you might need.
Go to a shop that sells these machines.
Talk shop (not so much your fantasy for sissy clothing - but clothing in general)!
See if they have sewing classes - some do or will direct you to books and dvds for further help.
The basic sewing machine will not cost you a lot but it is the accessories that will make/break a budget.
Thread - bobbins (old machine) needles (careful here) scissors etc.
And then the matter of working either from scratch if you have this ability or with a pattern.
Patterns can be bought at places - ask at the sewing machine store for references or go on the internet - that is this thing here !
Entertain thoughts of buying cheap thrift store clothing and tearing it apart to see how it is constructed.
-OR- buying overly large clothing with the idea to make alterations to fit.
Conversely buying something too small and see if it is possible to sew in an enlargement panel of sorts to make it fit.
There is so much more - - -

-BUT- you have made a start by using the forum and the internet to get started - KEEP GOING -

My grandmother was a seamstress and taught me a great deal about sewing and how to make alterations.
It is sort of like piano lessons - you just have to be willing to make an effort to learn.
Trial an error - learn with cheap materials and graduate to the better stuff.

Factor in that you can make inexpensive fantasy clothing on the same scale or better than some of ebay sellers selling junk !

Research is cheap and rewarding !

Sunshine

Posted by Renee_tutu
Now you know what you need, to make a decision.  Good luck!
Thank you for the ideas.

Learning to sew clothes has been something I've wanted to do for a long time, even away from the sissy, AB/DL stuff (I'm kind of big into the lolita fashion style, but I want to make my own).

Posted by sissywanabe2
If you had a home economics class in school that is a start.
If they had sewing machines that is a plus.
I did not have a Home Economics Class. My high school offered one, but I didn't take it 1) because I thought it sounded stupid (I suppose I was stupid) and 2) because at the time I was struggling to understand my gender identity and was ashamed of my girlish-ness, and home economics was viewed as the "girl's class."

Sorry for the unneeded anecdote. But, yeah, I am seriously coming from this with zero knowledge and just a desire.

Cliques:

Come visit my tumblr for pics of me in diapers: [Adventures In Diapers]
Follow me and ask me things on it, please! :3

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.