Ever Heard of Quantum Leap?
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
Good golly! it sure cost me a alot but I managed to purchase the 5th
and final season of Quantum Leap, one of my favorite t.v. series from the 80s!
If you've never heard of it it's about a scientist, Dr. Sam Beckett who creates
the means to travel through time by inhabiting other people's bodies.
There are two episodes on the dvd where Sam leaps into women, one as a protester for women's rights called "Liberation"
and another where he becomes famous sex therapist, Dr. Ruth Westinheimer.
It's too bad I couldn't find an earlier season, cause I know of an episode where Sam becomes a mommy.
Sam even leaps into a monkey at one point and has to wear a diaper through the whole episode!
Just thought I'd mention it, cause it really is an awesome series!
Last Post
28 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..
0 - 25 of 27 posts
Page 1 of 2
Go to the page:    
Submit

dazey
Quantum Leap is one of my favorite series, but I'm currently unwilling to shell out the money for it on DVD, thanks to the knowledge that a lot of the music has been replaced in certain episodes, thanks to copyright issues, which is a big problem that a lot of older series now face when released in that format. I get really annoyed just thinking about Al and Beth dancing along to some generic song instead of Ray Charles.
Jennifer Funshine
I've never heard of any music changes before, but don't worry,
Al and Beth still do dance to Ray Charles "Georgia On My Mind" in the finale.

dazey
I'm assuming you do not live in the U.S., Funshine Bear, or that you obtained something other than the region 1 DVDs. As I understand it, outside the U.S., they don't have the same copyright problems for some reason. However, based on everything I've read, for the American release, I'm sorry to say that they most assuredly did cut the original music out of M.I.A., as well as many other episodes, "Good Morning Peoria," being another prime example.
Jennifer Funshine
Yeah, actually I live in Canada and that's quite a shame, really...
I mean why would a country that proclaims to be "land of the free,"
impose censorship on something so commonplace?

dazey
I wouldn't call it censorship, per se. This may be the so-called land of the free, but we still have to pay for everything. I'm not an expert in this, but the way I understand it, when they paid to use certain music in TV episodes, it was only for broadcast, not for release on home video. So when they want to put something out on DVD, they have to make whole new deals for the music, which potentially costs a great deal more, and often, the studios aren't willing to pay the extra money, so they make edits or substitute the music with generic selections. I don't know why they don't have this problem outside of America, but you're lucky. It really sucks because I love Quantum Leap, but I would just get upset watching it, knowing all the changes they made.
Jennifer Funshine
I still don't understand why these episodes aren't just 'ported' over with everything...
If what you say is true, than it's really more a question of making a profit
off of music copyrights that aren't included in the home release.

diaprbayb
I do believe I've posted these here somewhere but I am too tired to look for them.

~cliques~
Jennifer Funshine
WoW, way to go Diaprbayb! GOOD JOB!! *Huggles!*

dazey
I was always thankful that Sam had that modest skirt on his bathing suit in the Miss Deep South episode.
baby5522
Hi, My name iseth Baby Amy and me saweth your post, yeth me doeseth wemember Quantum Leap. It was transmitted over here in the UK, but me can'ts wemember when, me haveth hopeth that Sam Beckett's character cuds have swopped places with sayeth a 6 year old little girl or an AB/DL. It wuds been interesting to have seen how the actor Scot Baluga, sowwy if me haseth spelled his surname wong, but you knoweth who me meaneth.

With a lot of things being re-made liketh The Bionic Woman, some one shuds re-make and bwing back quantum Leap.

HUGGLES,

Baby Amy.

I LOVE BEING A SISSY BABY PET

'Ask not what you can do for a Sissy. Ask a Sissy what they can do for you.'

Jennifer Funshine
Actually, according to an 80's T.V. website, the producers of the show were going to air an episode where Sam leaps into a year-old baby but that got replaced with him leaping into the body of a chimp instead, of course Scott Bakula was still forced to wear diapers!
AvaKikkaMaiaEckstein
i was born in the late 80's so i missed the series but when i was in 10th grade my history teacher showed a few epidoses throughtout the year and it got me hooked and i went out and bought all of the seasons, and it has become one of my fav. shows to watch whenever i just want to kick back or i just want to watch them.

Lavander
I used to watch this show back when it first aired. In promos for the show they showed shots of him wearing makeup and dresses and I though to myself that I HAVE to watch that show! The episodes of him leaping into women's bodies were not often enough for me but all in all it was a pretty good show. I even cried big tears when I watched the very last episode. I won't give it away but it was so sad I just sat there and cried afterward. I don't cry a lot either.

As an afterthought to the show, you'd think that at least ONCE they would have bothered to fix that loose wire in Ziggy's remote that caused Al to whack him every time he tried to read him.

~ Items ~

prissyprincess
  boy am I sorry I missed those on the tube . W O W !!! THX for the Pic,s Diaperbaby . 
May the Fun never END . giggles , Summer,s Hot How About You ,

Lavander
You really haven't missed anything Prissy Princess. Click on this link, there are tons of sites selling DVDs of all the episodes.

http://www.google.com/search?q=quantum+leap+dvd&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla official&client=firefox-a

~ Items ~

prissyprincess
May the Fun never END . giggles , Summer,s Hot How About You ,

Lavander
It was nothing, a quick google search, a service to all the sissies reading this thread. Even without the dressup and diaper episodes, this was an excellent TV show in a turbulent ocean of bad TV shows. If you are not sure you want to get the entire set, rent the first season.

Links to click:
Blockbuster
Hollywood Video
Netflix

~ Items ~

Aeris_Jen
It was a really good show they tried to bring it back a few years ago and had the actor who played al interested in doing it again but alas it was not meant to be I believe it was around the time Scott Backula was doing the star trek series he was in.

dalutheia
Quantum Leap was a great show. What would it be like to be someone else.
Lavander
Especially when you don't know anything about that person! Talk about thinking on your feet!! The whole idea of the show was genius.

~ Items ~

Kandy Delight
Thank you Funshine Bear for posting the Quantem Leap photos. I loved that show. I saw every episode and your posting brought back memories.

All the Best
Kandy
Kandy Delight
Jenni Annabel
For those in the UK, Quantum Leap is currently being aired on Sci-Fi Channel (channel 129 on Sky).

Tonight's episode is 'A Leap For Lisa', a favourite of mine because he leaps into a younger Al. Tomorrow has the start of the 'Lee Harvey Oswald' two-parter. In fact, it's a week of celebrities because tonight's has Terry Farrell (later of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Thursday's has Brooke Shields and Friday's has Jennifer Aniston.

By my reckoning, you should have an episode called 'Liberation' on Thursday Feb 26th, and the 'Dr Ruth' episode the following day.

Jenni

NecroTrash
Still have original NBC episodes on vhs stashed away somewhere. Used to tape this show every week!

BTW, the very 1st time Sam leaped into a woman it was a hot, blonde secretary in (I believe)1961. Al couldn't take his eyes off Sam and was freaking out over it. LOL
OopsiePanty
When I first saw Quantum Leap it was competing with DS9 I think it was. Some star trek series anyways. And so I would always switch channels when I heard the first few notes on the song since I watched some show that came before it on the channel it was on. Sadly it was not until I was about 23 that I saw this series, maybe 24. When I did see it though on the Sci-Fi channel at like 1am or 2am, I became instantly glued to it, and I admired Bacula for being willing to play the roles he did. If he is a straight man, I can say that he is surely one of the best actors out there because he really can act.

I too wish Sam was in women more and it would have been fun to see him as more children...but that's probably just me *giggles*. It's interesting to know that tid-bit about the chimp though.

What a wonderful show, why couldn't it have aired an hour earlier? Then I could have watched it from the beginning.
A young girl's greatest fear isn't monsters, or magical threats from beyond time and space.
No, a young girl's greatest fear overshadows all of those things.

Her greatest fear is to be alone.

(Still your little Guardian Shadow, now just with wings!)

babie
and who could not forget robin williams .who played mork from ork .he tried dor a spot on the denever bronos cheerleader squad
likes my fanny in warm hands and to be foundle by anyone you would like to play .
0 - 25 of 27 posts
Page 1 of 2
Go to the page:    
Submit
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.