PG Girls Jeans ~ what is different about the cut?
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
I was reading another thread and there was mention on it about how girls jeans are cut different. That triggered a memory I had from over 10 years ago, when I was helping to fold laundry at a friends house. I had got to the little girls' jeans, and was having all kinds of troubles attempting to fold them like I fold my own. Their Dad watched me for a few minutes, then laughed and said, "Theirs are cut different! You can't fold them like ours."

Does anyone know what the difference is in the cut between girl jeans and boy jeans? I even remember wearing girls jeans when I was in Second Grade because my Mom couldn't find any that fit me right in the boys section. I was horribly embarrassed when she took me shopping in the GIRLS section! I complained about it until she threatened that if I didn't stop complaining she'd buy me a dress.  : As much as that sounds like a cheap story, it is all true.

Cliques:

Last Post
7 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

AshleyAshes
While I can't imagine anything that would make them need to be folded different, the biggest difference would be that girls jeans tend to be lower cut at the waistline.
babykates
Do you mean adult or childrens' jeans?

Childrens' jeans shouldn't be too different, apart from girls jeans would be slightly more fitted than boys.

Obviously adult womens' jeans are fitted very different to mens' especially across the hips and bum as we tend to be bigger down there :)

Katy x

KitaSparkles
I believe what I wore then was a 6X. Yes, when I was in Second Grade. I always was a small kid. From what I remember, in the boys sizes one size was too small, and the next size up was way too big. The 6X fit perfectly.

I was such a small kid that teachers routinely thought I was in the wrong class on the first day of school.  : And in church.... oy. At 7 years old I somehow ended up in the Preschool Bible Class with 3 and 4 year olds for several weeks. I can still remember - we were new to that church, and my mother said to one of the teachers she didn't know what Bible Class I should be in. I know for a fact she told that teacher that I had just finished First Grade, but she must not have listened, because she said, "Oh, he'll be in MY class!" and picked me up and carried me there (which was rather disconcerting to me, as a 7 year old!) That Bible Class teacher was not as bad as her sister, who was substitute teaching a fifth grade Bible Class one Sunday Morning and did not believe I was supposed to be in that class, even after everyone there told her that I was!

Cliques:

Prissie

Does anyone know what the difference is in the cut between girl jeans and boy jeans? I even remember wearing girls jeans when I was in Second Grade because my Mom couldn't find any that fit me right in the boys section. I was horribly embarrassed when she took me shopping in the GIRLS section! I complained about it until she threatened that if I didn't stop complaining she'd buy me a dress.  : As much as that sounds like a cheap story, it is all true.  

Did you imagine then, that a time would come when you would LIKE the idea of buying a dress, or like the idea of shopping in the girls clothing area of a store like J.C. Penny's or Khol's?

When I was six or seven years old - for that matter, until I understood my feelings more - I would have been embarrassed too if my mother were to have taken me shopping in the girl's clothing section of a department store.

I wear feminine denim all the time. Its a turn-on, and doesn't create the kind of problems I would encounter if I went out and about while wearing a skirt or dress.

Yours for all you do for the Little Girl phenom,

Prissie
   Prissie

MelissaS
I only ever wear woman's jeans.... in fact i don't think i've bought men's jeans in over 7 years. I can honestly say that in that whole time I've never had anyone question or say anything about my jeans... not once....

Feel free to wear girls jeans, nobody will notice or care.... unless you do something silly like wear jeans with sparkly pink lips on the butt pocket or something like that... stick to plain, undecorated women's jeans and you won't have a problem at all....

Oh, and as for the original question about the different cut.... it really depends on the style you buy and your physical stature.... just choose sensible, middle-of-the-road women's jeans and you'll be fine... no-one will know your wearing women's jeans but you will get the satisfaction of knowing....
LilmissAnnie
Women's sizes are in even numbers,(0,2,4,6...) and are cut fuller in the hips/ butt/ thigh.
Junior's are sized in odd numbers,(1,3,5,7...) and are smaller in the hips/butt/thigh.
These sizes also work for all clothing and the best away to learn yours is to look at size charts. Be careful about assuming your size at different websites because different countries/regions have different criteria for the same Size, as do different manufacturers.

I have been wearing girls jeans ever since they stopped making men's jeans without flare legs and hiphuggers. I had always worn them tight and in that style so there was no worry about being in something different or having "panty lines" as I wore tight briefs and had them anyway.

As far as the "cut" goes, there are so many different styles each with different details, problems;
High waisted; Women have a much higher waist to hip ratio and so if you buy jeans that fit your waist they will tend to be huge in the hip/butt/thigh area. The crotch is also could be a concern as the tightness of the waist will give you a snug fit even if the rest of the hip area is loose and so if you don't want that silhouette stay away form these. I wear these with highrise french cut panties with a pad to keep my crotch flat and feminine, be a where that if you do wear these and don't do something to control this area you will slip to one side and have a very ungirly bulge. I get a wedgie from these, but the pad is there and gets wedged up to holding the seam in place, I have also been the victim of camel toe wearing this style but I think it looks sexy even if its taboo.

Mid rise; these are most often the style that will look androgynous and thus safest to start with because they don't pull the waist in, they sit at hip bone level or just above. I tend to need a belt with these so that they don't sag taking away my nice smooth lines.

Low-rise: These tend to be worn by younger (and thinner) girls and if you aren't careful you will wind up with muffin top, ( a bulging over the top) low cut styles will show your mid rift (read tummy) and having a longer top on is important if you don't want to show it off. These sit below your hip bones and as I am 140 lbs, I love them.

Ultra low-rise; Believe the tag, I have several pair of these and they sit on me at my bikini line,(yes I have a them too) They just barely cover the twins in place and if I'm not careful will slip down a little, and the twins will slip up a little for the world to behold.(blush) I will wear these with a cropped top or a baby doll top when I'm in teen mode.

All these Cuts not only are for jeans but apply to Shorts, skirts, Capri and Pants. You also need to consider the length as I find that the different waist styles effect it. Don't be afraid to show off those cute shoes.

One way to keep costs down is to shop at thrift stores if you dare as a mistake there isn't so costly.

I know this isn't a complete primer in the Girl 101, but I hope it helps.

I hope you all have lots of Sisssy times

Love Annie

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.