I found a Rainbow Brite thing I have been wanting since childhood!
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
I know how bad it is to get yourself more Christmas presents, but well I found this gem listed on ebay last night and while I thought about it during the night, I decided when I got up that I had to have it. It looks a little faded and I might re-frame it, but I so cannot wait to have this up on my wall. I know I had at least one friend growing up who had this exact picture up on her wall and I always wanted it. The message could not be more perfect for a LG:

It's comming priority mail, so I might get lucky and see it a few days after Christmas proper.
A young girl's greatest fear isn't monsters, or magical threats from beyond time and space.
No, a young girl's greatest fear overshadows all of those things.

Her greatest fear is to be alone.

(Still your little Guardian Shadow, now just with wings!)
Gallery Images by OopsiePanty
Display More Images
Last Post
8 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

littlegirl_inside

OMG it is so pretty and cute, I am so happy you got it and yes the message could not be more perfect for a LG. x x
Samantha

~cliques~

OopsiePanty
The seller even shipped it out today, the same day I paid for it ^_^ I have been in contact with her and it sounds like she might have some more Rainbow stuff I might want too and when she has sorted through her boxes at her parents house maybe there will be something else I will have to have  

And yes, it is absolutly the perfect thing to have on the wall in my room! I just love the message on it and I cannot wait to see it every day!
A young girl's greatest fear isn't monsters, or magical threats from beyond time and space.

Dru
You always find the coolest things. Thank you for sharing. Let us know what you do with it as far as re-framing/repainting or keeping it original goes.
P-chan
Hey Oopsiepanty, I don't actually know what Rainbow Brite is (possibly after my time as a child) but it is cute and the message is perfect. Hope you enjoy looking at it everyday. xx

OopsiePanty

Hey Oopsiepanty, I don't actually know what Rainbow Brite is (possibly after my time as a child) but it is cute and the message is perfect. Hope you enjoy looking at it everyday. xx  

That's probably because there is no legal release of the series either on DVD. But there are companies around the world who sell the series because of this. I was lucky enough to have Rainbow Brite in my life during a time of darkness, so being able to be plunged into another world of darkness, but one with the possiblity of hope unlike my real life was one which was a life saver. I looked up to Rainbow Brite a lot as a child when I had to form my own views on morality and ethics since there was nobody around me capable or willing to do so themselves. I was already strongly identified as female before discovering Rainbow, but after I did, I really wanted to be her. To be a beacon of light holding back the darkness, even if I was only a being of darkness myself...I knew I could do the same thing.

Then again, in some ways Rainbow Brite is not exactly hero material. She was an orphan. She keeps an army of slaves who toil for her, to power her magic. Kinda like the Emperor in the 40K universe consumes psychics to reinforce his power, to keep Chaos at bay (when it was his powers that attracted Chaos in the first place). When it comes down to it, Rainbow is also willing to make decisions which might not be popular with everyone. She even allowes outsiders to be drawn into her war, without their full knowledge of what they are getting into. Further she makes takes on a "live and let live" stance with the only person in Rainbow Land who could possibly actually defeat her (Stormy) because she understands that this destruction has its own place in the way of things. Is this the way we think of true heros? No. Is she the saviour though? Yes. I am sure that history (in Rainbow Land), generations after her might have considered her to be a military dictator. But she ruled with an iron fist through kindness and she really did have enemies knocking at the gates attacking her people at every turn. War makes people do things they normally wouldn't. And it wasn't like she even chose to be there in the first place. So to me, she is a hero when many would consider her more of an anti-hero.

Sadly even though between 1984 and 1988 the Rainbow Brite toy line made over 1 billion dollars for Hallmark, they didn't pay Dic enough money to do more than 13 episodes...yeesh. At least we got a great movie and a couple of specials though.

Supposedly in 2009 they released a new Rainbow Brite toy line, but I have never seen a store selling it. If anyone has could they tell me what store it is? It probably is another one of those cases of not having one anywhere near me...but I always keep my fingers crossed.

Oh and that wonderful picture showed up today, exactly as pictured. Now I just need to decide how I am going to mount it. I either have to put a nail in my wall or I need to put some of those velcrow things on it and them on the wall. They are supposed to be removable from paint...but the paint on this is from 1983...so removing them would probably leave two large yellow rectangles on it if anyone ever wanted to mount it another way. I wish I just had a perfectly sized plastic case to put it in, and then I could mount that.

P-chan
Wow. Looks cute but sounds really dark. Scary, even. xx

francescd
Perfect for a girls bedroom wall.
What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.