PG The Art Of Illusion.
3D Art On A Flat Canvas
Posted on
Make A New Topic In This Forum
Have you ever wondered how 3D Images first got started? As much as I would love to tell you the history of that. I do not know it fully but I do know that part of what lead to 3D images with two simple and basic drawings done in MS Paint.

But the images can also be achieved also by using a piece of art paper or any blank sheet of paper, a pencil, or pen, and one good ruller, unless you are the kind of person that can draw very good straight lines.

The first simple trick to creat a 3D object without ever having to use a 3D Program is to draw a cube. As shown in the image below. Even when you look at a Dice you can not see all of its sides, but you can possition it to at least see three of it's sides. From the view point as drawn, this is the very basic of drawing in 3D.

Another great and by far the best technique and trick to truly create a more better 3D effect is shown in the image by the side of the cube. A corridor with three walls, a floor and a ceiling. And for extra added effect, a door at the very end. This image looks very much 3D.

This technique got used in comics to make near real looking buildings and city scapes, the same technique is used in catrtoons too. From the two basic forms of making flat art look like 3D, paved the way later on for making computer games. If I am not mistaken it was actually Tomb Raider that broke the mould of all console games of its generation.

Before that the best and only way to do 3D was used in the original Doom Game and that format was copied and used for the Alien Trilogy Game, that was also a Playstation One Title. It is hard, though not completely impossible to do other types of 3D looking images on a flat canvas, rather than on a 3D one.

I just wanted to share this wonderful knowledge with you and this art that shows that drawing things in 3D can be done with such simplicity. I hope you all like it?

I LOVE BEING A SISSY BABY PET

'Ask not what you can do for a Sissy. Ask a Sissy what they can do for you.'

Gallery Images by baby5522
Display More Images
Last Post
3 posts
These lovely people support all the features in Sissy Kiss to contribute to our community! So it would help so much if you could check them out, and say your from Sissy Kiss. Some even give discounts, or free gifts by mentioning it!

Add your message here..

Baby Butch
Very good PetBabyAmy, these do look 3 D to me! You might try using the simple web address to post images.

Post it in the top open space after deleting what's there first. I think the extra stuff is from posting HTML method?

baby5522
Fank you Baby Butch for the comment and the suggestion I will try the shortened version of the simple code that is what I use from simple code box at Pix Princess under the image in the main images page. If I remember correctly there was a problem with it that images did not display by putting the whole address in, it worked putting what I call the middle bit in then that stopped working, so I tried the whole part again.

But that was some time ago. I was kind of wondering what the top and bottom text parts were for and why they were there. Fank you for explaining that.

Hugs & Kisses
Posted by Baby Butch
 Very good PetBabyAmy, these do look 3 D to me! You might try using the simple web address to post images.

Post it in the top open space after deleting what's there first. I think the extra stuff is from posting HTML method?

I LOVE BEING A SISSY BABY PET

'Ask not what you can do for a Sissy. Ask a Sissy what they can do for you.'

What kind of post would you like to make?
Topic
Video
Audio
Story
To post certain kinds of posts, like images, audios, or videos you need to be signed in first.