The Art Of Image
people may know this, some people may not. This is a topic very dear to me
since the very first time I made an attempt to change an image of a guy wearing
just briefs or speedos, to a guy wearing a pair of frilly plastic pants. For
that I needed an image of a guy from behind.
Or in what I like to term as Bum Shots. That was pretty much the starting point really, but in its earliest conception, I drew around the image of a guy first, or more to the point, I drew around the butt area and nothing else, keeping the original image source.
That I had used as a texture in SketchUp, I advanced from flat image alteration to 2D Model making, I would draw around the image of a guy first make that drawing into a 2D Model, then draw around a textured image of a pair of frilly plastic pants and make them into another 2D model, then reopen the guy model and import the 2D model of the frilly plastic pants, scale and place over the butt area of the 2D guy, model. Making the image look as though he’s wearing the frilly plastic pants, when in fact, it’s just two 2 2D models, one over the other.
It was I thought a cool optical illusion. But I Wanted to be able to do more than just do altered images of men in frilly plastic pants. So I tried swimsuits. Those worked out great, but my attempt to do guys in dresses, did not work quite as well. I slowly began to realise that I could not keep on using the method of 2 2D models, one over the other. Which brought me back to what I had done before just a flat 1D Image altered with clothing in place of what the guy was originally wearing then that was when an idea hit me.
Why not. I thought, I do everything first all in 1D, well, I needed to see if I could put dresses on images of guys first. So, that was what I did, it was slow going at first the process, but over time I became better at it, as well as putting on the guys socks with shoes and underwear. I have had the idea of doing dolls before I had the idea of image alteration working all in 1D format first. But I could not at that point, see a way of how to make the dolls idea work and I initially had the idea to use images of real guys between 18-20.
But there was sadly a real problem with that, some male images were of guys in full, with feet etc. others were waist down shots or just down to their thighs, which meant if I wanted a guy wearing socks etc. I would have to add the bottom half of the legs. This was not easy, but most images were of guys in mid stride, or stood facing, but their bodies leaning slightly and not always dead straight. Which was problematic in that some dresses or swimsuits etc. from front facing view on would not line up with those guys facing front but leaning slightly.
So I thought to myself, there has to be a better way for me to make my doll idea to work. I wanted it to work so bad. Because it meant I could keep on using SketchUp, as I was near almost running out of things for me to make, model wise, being completely in 3D. I still am almost near running out of things to make in terms of 3D Models.
Anyway, I knew that I had to try and do something, something not only that worked, but something that I could do and keep on doing, while getting better at it all the time, or simply keep doing what I am doing with what I can do and to keep doing that well, more than well enough, that it is an art form. Images of flesh and blood guys was not working, so I thought, why nottry images of naked male dolls instead. I worked and I worked, I practiced time and time again. Until at long last, I had perfected my image alteration technique. I had a formula that I knew that I can reproduce time and again.
I was relieved and happy, beyond happy, I had achieved a long-time dream goal, that I honestly thought that I would never achieve, ever. My dream goal had seemed like an impossible one, what helped to make that possibility was a change of image source, meaning images of flesh and blood guys. But before trying to run as the saying goes, before learning to walk, I did a standard and easy to do head swap, anyone can even do this with the use of Photoshop and other such programs similar to it.
I have done head swaps before, I wanted to added something extra, something that would really help the image of the head swap stand out. I had already an option in SketchUp to help with that slightly, but I needed a little something extra. So I went to the Google SketchUp Warehouse to look for what is termed as ‘Plug Ins’ These are special program extras that you can add to your SketchUp Program to make significant improvements etc. than one cannot do or achieve normally with the standard use of SketchUp.
I found one of these ‘Plug Ins’ For smooth texturing and more, without me completely revealing my exact source of what I used for my Alteration Technique, to which there is a whole lot more to it than that plug in and the on-board options in SketchUp. I will however say this much about my technique, that every single image has to be drawn around.
But how to do this and make all of those images, all fit seamlessly as though as one whole image. Is and shall forever remain my complete secret. It would be nice if I can one day pass on such a technique, it would be a pity for it to go to waste. Someone somewhere will have the honour of me passing that technique onto them, who, I do not know. But for now, that secret stays with me.